Makes 4 Servings
- 3 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 tablespoons sriracha
Beef, Vegetables, & Rice
- 1 1/2 cups jasmine rice, cooked
- 1 pound flank steak, sliced into thin strips
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon + 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1/2 large yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 cup carrots, thinly sliced
- 1-2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- Cook rice according to directions listed on package.
- In a small bowl, whisk together all sauce ingredients. Set aside.
- Toss beef with 1 teaspoon cornstarch and 1 teaspoon oil.
- Heat 2 Tbsp oil in a large skillet over moderately high heat.
- Add beef and cook 1-2 minutes, until browned on both sides. Meat should not be cooked through. Transfer beef to a plate, but leave oil in the skillet.
- Reduce heat to medium and add bell pepper, onions and garlic. Saute about 2-3 minutes.
- Add carrots and sesame seeds. Pour sauce into skillet. Let sauce simmer until thickened, about 1 minute.
- Return beef to skillet along with basil leaves. Toss until basil wilts.
- Serve immediately over cooked rice.
Thanks to the original recipe found here!