Makes: 40 Cookies
- ½ cup unsalted butter, softened
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa
- 2¼ cups all purpose flour
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Prepare baking pans with parchment paper.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the butter and sugars together at a high speed until nice and fluffy.
- Beat in cream of tartar, baking soda, salt, and cayenne pepper until well blended.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time. Then beat in vanilla extract.
- On low, slowly beat in unsweetened cocoa and flour just until combined.
- Combine sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl.
- Grab a small scoop of cookie dough. Use the palm of your hands to roll the dough into a round ball. It should be about 1 inch in diameter.
- Continue rolling all of the dough out, placing each ball onto a clean plate.
- Then roll each ball in the cinnamon-sugar mixture and place on the prepared baking sheet.
- Using the back of a spoon gently flatten the middle of the cookie.
- Bake cookies for 10 to 12 minutes, turning the cookie pan halfway through the cooking time.
- Let cookies cool on cookie sheet for a few minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool.
- Store cookies in an airtight container.
Thanks to the original recipe found here.