- 2 lbs chicken breasts, cut into 1½-inch chunks
- 1 large onion, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1 (29 oz.) can of tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon Garam masala
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 bay leaves
30 Minutes Before Serving
- 1 cup / 250 ml heavy cream (or coconut milk)
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Lightly spray crockpot with nonstick cooking spray olive oil.
- In a large crock-pot, combine all ingredients through olive oil. With a large large spatula, stir to combine.
- Place two bay leaves on top of the mixture.
- Cover and cook 8 hours on low or 4 hours on high.
- Once cooked, in a small bowl combine heavy cream and cornstarch. Gently stir mixture into the crockpot. Cook an additional 20 minutes to thicken.
- Finally stir in lemon juice.
- Serve with brown or white rice and garlic naan.
Thanks to the original recipe found here.