Makes 2 Pint Jars
- 12 tomatoes, washed and quartered
- 9 cloves garlic, whole
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Prepare an extra large baking tray with nonstick cooking spray (use two smaller trays if necessary).
- Toss tomatoes with olive oil, garlic, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper in a large mixing bowl.
- Spread the tomato mixture evenly over the prepared baking tray.
- Bake for 1 hour, checking towards the end to avoid burning.
- Take out of oven and mash, blend, or puree to your preference.
- Use immediately or jar and refrigerate.
Thanks to the original recipe found here.