- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2″ pieces
- 18oz frozen chopped spinach
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 inch ginger, peeled and minced
- 3/4 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1/2-3/4 cups mozzarella
- Combine spices in a small dish.
- In a large bowl, mix the spices with the raw chicken. Place chicken in fridge until needed.
- Put the frozen spinach into a large pan with 1/3 cup water. Over medium heat, cook spinach until most of the liquid has gone making sure to stir occasionally.
- Meanwhile, heat the coconut oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add diced onions and cook until they begin to brown.
- Stir in the minced garlic and cook for 30 seconds, until fragrant.
- Add the spiced chicken and cook until the chicken is cooked through, stirring often.
- Stir in spinach and ginger and cook for 5 minutes.
- On low heat, stir in the yogurt and let it cook for a few minutes.
- Sprinkle mozzarella on top and let sit until melted.
- Serve over rice and/or with garlic naan.
Thank you to the big community of food visionaries out there in the world, working together to inspire and pass on food traditions and flavors. The recipe found on this page started here.