SPICY MANGO SALSA
- 1 mango, diced
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and chopped
- juice and zest from 1 lime
THAI PEANUT CHICKEN
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 3-4 tablespoons Thai red curry paste using more or less to your taste
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 3 tablespoons sesame oil or extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh Thai basil or regular basil chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped, plus more for serving
- 1 (14 ounce) can full fat coconut milk
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce (optional, but recommended)
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- juice of 1 lime
- serve with: steamed rice, roasted peanuts, and Persian cucumbers
- Combine all the spicy mango ingredients in a small bowl.
- Toss the chicken with the 2 tablespoons Thai red curry paste, ginger, and 1 tablespoon oil. Let sit 5 minutes.
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a large Dutch oven or pot over medium-high heat.
- Add the chicken and sear on both sides until browned, about 2 minutes. Add the remaining Thai red curry paste, the basil, and the cilantro.
- Reduce the heat to low. Add the coconut milk, soy sauce, fish sauce (if using), and 1/4 cup water. Partially cover and simmer for 20-30 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Stir in the peanut butter and lime juice. Simmer until thickened, about 5 minutes. Serve the chicken and sauce over rice. Top with roasted peanuts, cucumbers, and spicy lime mango.
Thank you to the big community of food visionaries out there in the world, working together to inspire and pass on food traditions and flavors. The recipe found on this page started here.
One thought on “Thai Peanut Chicken with Spicy Mango Salsa”