- skewers (wooden or metal)
- 20 extra-jumbo shrimp (16–20 count, about 1 lb.), peeled and deveined
- ⅓ cup honey
- 3 tablespoons gochujang
- zest of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon ginger, peeled and minced
- 2 scallion whites (save green for serving)
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- For Serving: reserved dipping sauce, sliced scallion greens, and toasted sesame seeds
- Whisk together honey, gochujang, zest, lemon juice, soy sauce, garlic, ginger, scallion whites, and oil in a bowl
- Reserve half of the marinade mixture for a dipping sauce.
- Toss shrimp in remaining honey mixture; let for 30 minutes.
- Preheat grill to medium.
- Thread shrimp onto skewers.
- Lightly oil grill grate with oil. Spray shrimp skewers with oil.
- Grill shrimp until cooked through, about 2-3 minutes per side.
- Sprinkle shrimp with scallion greens and sesame seeds; serve with reserved sauce.
Thank you to the big community of food visionaries out there in the world, working together to inspire and pass on food traditions and flavors. The recipe found on this page started here.