- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 large hothouse (English) cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- Optional for serving: 1/3 cup chopped peanuts
- Combine the ingredients for the dressing in a small bowl and whisk until the sugar dissolves. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Combine cucumbers, red onions, and toasted sesame seeds in a medium bowl.
- Pour the prepared dressing on top and stir so all the cucumbers are evenly coated in the dressing.
- Cover the bowl and allow the salad to marinate in the refrigerator for 15-20 minutes or up to 2 hours.
- Option to top with peanuts right before serving.
Note: Consider serving this dish with this Grilled Chicken Satay Skewers!
Thank you to the big community of food visionaries out there in the world, working together to inspire and pass on food traditions and flavors. The recipe found on this page started here.