- 1 pound carrots
- 1 pound sweet potatoes
- 1 pound parsnips
- 1 pound beets
- 2 red onions
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- salt & pepper to taste
- 6 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons fresh rosemary or thyme, chopped
- optional serving addition: 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar and extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Line two baking sheets with foil and spray with olive oil spray.
- Peel and chop carrots, sweet potatoes, parsnips, beets, and red onions into 2-inch pieces. Place them into a large bowl.
- Drizzle with the olive oil, and season well with salt and pepper.
- Toss to coat all the vegetables with the oil, then spread the vegetables on the two prepared baking sheets.
- Roast the vegetables for about 40 to 45 minutes, adding the garlic and chopped rosemary halfway, until the vegetables are tender and beginning to brown.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool to room temperature.
- Place in a bowl or on a platter and drizzle with the vinegar and extra virgin olive oil if using.
Thank you to the big community of food visionaries out there in the world, working together to inspire and pass on food traditions and flavors. The recipe found on this page started here.