- 1 can of Frito Lay Bean Dip (found in the chip aisle)
- 1 cup of prepared guacamole
- 1 cup of sour cream + 1/2 cup for the decorative spider web.
- 1 ounce pouch of taco seasoning (2 tablespoons)
- 8 to 10 black olives sliced in half, reserve two whole olives to make the spider
- 1 cup of cheddar cheese
- 1 tomato, seeded and diced
- 1 cup of kale, shredded thinly
- chips for serving (corn tortilla or blue corn chips)
- Use a circular or round tray for platting the dip. Start by spreading the bean dip across the plate in an even layer, making sure to leave a 1-2” perimeter of open plate (this will be for your sour cream mixture).
- In a small bowl, mix 1 cup of sour cream with the taco seasoning. Spread the sour cream mixture around the perimeter of the plate surrounding your bean dip.
- On top of the beans and just in the center of the sour cream ring, spread the prepared guacamole.
- Put 1/2 cup of sour cream into a small ziplock. Using scissors, cut a small piece off the corner and use the bag to draw the spider web on top of the guacamole.
- Sprinkle kale, cheese, tomato and olives on top of the sour cream.
- To make an olive spider, place one whole black olive in the center of the web, then slice the other olive into 8 thin strips to make the legs.
- Serve with your favorite chips! I enjoy corn tortilla or blue corn chips.
Thank you to the big community of food visionaries out there in the world, working together to inspire and pass on food traditions and flavors. The recipe found on this page started here.
One thought on “Spooky Spiderweb Seven Layer Dip”