- 1 package (8-10-count) hotdogs
- 1 can of refrigerated crescent roll sheets
- edible candy eyes
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- optional: relish and mustard
- Preheat the oven to 375°F and spray a cookie sheet with nonstick cooking spray or line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Unroll the crescent dough onto a large cutting board.
- Using a knife or pizza wheel, cut the crescent dough into 1/4th inch slices (with the length of the dough to make the longest strips possible).
- Starting at one end, wrap the dough randomly around the hot dog. Repeat with a second strip so that each hot dog has two strips creating a mummy wrapped look. While wrapping, think about where you want to place the eyes and leave a gap for them. You can put the eyes at one end or in the middle of the hot dog depending on what direction you want the mummies to face.
- Place the crescent wrapped hot dogs on the prepared baking sheet and place into the oven. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes, until the dough is golden brown. Keep an eye on them to make sure they do not overcook. Cooking time will depend on how accurate your cuts are.
- Remove the mummies from the cookie sheet and place on a serving platter.
- Put a small dot of mustard or ketchup to glue on two eyes per hot dog.
- Optional Ketchup/Relish Dip: Fill a small serving container (around the outer edge) in a circular motion with ketchup. Fill the center with green relish. Randomly place eyes on top.
Thank you to the big community of food visionaries out there in the world, working together to inspire and pass on food traditions and flavors. The recipe found on this page started here.
One thought on “Wrapped Up Mummy Dogs”