- 1 red onion, pickled
- 4 pounds chicken breast
- 3 sweet potatoes, washed and diced
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 16oz kale, washed and chopped
- 5 ears of corn, husked
- 4 cups brown rice, prepared
- 30oz canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 6oz feta crumbles
- pita chips, 2 avocados, diced
- 1 lime, sliced into 8 pieces
- cilantro lime dressing and chipotle tabasco
- Make sure to pickle a red onion in advance. Recipe here.
- Season your chicken with salt and pepper. Bake chicken
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Toss the chicken breasts with olive oil, salt and pepper. Lightly grease a baking dish or pan so the chicken breasts don’t stick. At the same time, toss cubed sweet potatoes in olive oil, salt and pepper in a medium sized bowl. Place sweet potatoes on a baking sheet. Bake sweet potatoes for 25-30 minutes, flipping half way through. Bake chicken breasts for 22-26 minutes or until they reach 165°F. Let the chicken breasts rest for ten minutes before cutting them into 1″ cubes.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of water to a boil. Once boiling, blanch kale by cooking for 2-3 minutes. Immediately drain the kale and run under cold water to stop the cooking process. Allow kale to continue draining.
- Char corn on the cob over a gas stove or on a grill at medium high for 10 minutes, rotating every few minutes to ensure consistent charring. Allow corn to cool and then use a knife to carve the corn off of the cob.
To prepare the grain bowls, in an individual serving bowl, combine brown rice and kale. Top with prepared chicken, sweet potatoes, corn, beans, feta, avocado, cilantro lime dressing and chipotle Tabasco.
Thank you to the big community of food visionaries out there in the world, working together to inspire and pass on food traditions and flavors.