- 3 ounces thinly sliced prosciutto
- 1 head kale, shredded
- 4 cups brussels sprouts, shredded
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup shredded manchego cheese
- 1 avocado, diced
- 3 tablespoons salted butter
- 1/2 cup raw walnuts, chopped
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon apple butter
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- 2 teaspoons orange zest
- kosher salt and black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350° F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- On the prepared baking sheet, arrange the prosciutto in a single layer. Bake for 10-15 minutes or until crisp. Watch closely.
- In a large salad bowl, combine the kale and brussels sprouts. Season with salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes.
- To make the dressing, use a food processor to blend all of the ingredients. Pour the dressing over the salad and toss to coat.
- Add the dried cranberries and cheese.
- Melt together the butter and walnuts over medium heat. Cook until the nuts are toasted, and the butter has begun to brown. Season with salt, and then pour the warm nuts over the salad.
- Top with avocado and prosciutto. Serve immediately or refrigerate.
Thank you to the big community of food visionaries out there in the world, working together to inspire and pass on food traditions and flavors. This recipe began here.