- 12 fresh jalapeño peppers, halved and seeded
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 12 slices bacon, cut in half
- 24 toothpicks
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut the jalapeño peppers in half lengthwise. Remove seeds and center membrane using a spoon and a scraping motion. Make sure to wash your hands thoroughly before touching anything else (especially your eyes!).
- Using a handheld or stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat the cream cheese, cheddar cheese, garlic, and paprika together until combined. Spoon filling equally among all 24 jalapeño halves.
- Wrap each stuffed jalapeño with a half slice of bacon and stick a toothpick through the center to assure the bacon stays in place.
- Bake for 25-28 minutes or until the bacon is crisp to your liking. Consider turning the oven on broil for the last minute or two to finish. Serve immediately.
Thank you to the big community of food visionaries out there in the world, working together to inspire and pass on food traditions and flavors. The recipe found on this page started here.