- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 3 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 26 ounces spaghetti sauce
- 14 ounces canned fired roasted tomatoes
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, roughly chopped
- 2 cups elbow macaroni
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add the ground turkey and onion and cook until the turkey is no longer pink. Add in garlic and cook for a minute more.
- Stir in salt, pepper, oregano and dried basil.
- Pour in chicken stock, spaghetti sauce, and tomatoes, then bring the soup to a simmer and cook for 10 minutes.
- Stir in the cream cheese until it is completely mixed in and then add 1/2 of the fresh basil.
- Pour in the pasta, stir and let cook for another 10 minutes with the lid on or until the pasta is tender.
- Spoon into bowls and garnish with additional basil.
Thanks to the original recipe which inspired this recipe.