- 1/3 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1T rice vinegar
- 1T honey
- 1T pure sesame oil
- 3 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1T fresh ginger, peeled and minced
- 1/2t sambal oelek (hot chili sauce)
- 4 (6oz) salmon fillets
- 8 baby bok choy, halved lengthwise
- 1/2lb shiitake mushrooms, stemmed and caps halved
- 3 cups shredded red cabbage
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 2T toasted sesame seeds
- Mix together soy sauce, vinegar, honey, sesame oil, garlic, ginger, and sambal oelek in a large zip lock bag. Add salmon and turn to coat. Marinate in refrigerator about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, set racks in upper and lower thirds of oven and preheat oven to 450F. Line two rimmed baking sheets with foil and spray with nonstick spray.
- Pull salmon from bag but make sure to save marinade for the vegetables. Place salmon in center of one prepared baking sheet.
- Add bok choy to the marinade, toss until coated and then arrange the bok choy around the salmon in a single layer (save marinade).
- Add mushrooms and cabbage to marinade and toss to coat. Spread vegetables on the second prepared baking sheet in an even layer.
- Place salmon on top rack and cabbage-mushroom mixture on bottom rack. Roast about 15 minutes until salmon is just opaque in center and vegetables are tender.
- Sprinkle salmon with scallions and sesame seeds. Serve with vegetables and optional white rice.
Thanks to the original recipe found in Family Meals.