- 16 oz. hot Italian sausage, casings removed
- 1/2 cup yellow onion, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 3/4 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 3/4 cup low-fat milk
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 6 oz. kale, chopped
- 16 oz. potato gnocchi
- 2 teaspoons fresh ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheese, finely shredded
- In a large skillet, over medium heat, cook and break apart sausage until cooked through (about 6 minutes).
- Drain sausage and transfer to a plate lined with paper towels.
- Over medium heat, in the same pan, add onions and sauté about 4 minutes, or until translucent.
- Add garlic and sauté until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Stir in chicken broth, milk, and red pepper flakes. Bring to a simmer.
- Add in kale, cover skillet and let steam until wilted (about 2 minutes).
- Stir in gnocchi and season with pepper. Cover and cook until tender and most of the liquid has been absorbed, about 5 minutes.
- Add cream, parmesan and cooked sausage. Serve warm with additional parmesan.
Thanks to the original recipe found here.