- 2 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 20oz canned crushed tomatoes
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup canned chipotles in adobe sauce, minced
- 4 garlic cloves, pressed
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Juice of 3 limes
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- optional: serve on tortillas, topped with chopped tomatoes, feta, cilantro, sour cream, salt and pepper.
- In the bowl of a slow cooker, combine crushed tomatoes, chipotle peppers, garlic, honey, chili powder, cumin, onion powder, and salt.
- Add chicken and spoon over sauce.
- Cover and cook on low about 6-8 hours, until chicken can be shredded easily.
- Shred the chicken and mix well.
- Stir in lime juice and chopped cilantro. Add additional seasonings to taste.
- Add optional toppings.
Thanks to the original recipe found here.