- 2 cups flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 to 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon (more to taste)
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 3/4 cup unflavored original almond milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 egg whites
- optional: fresh or frozen fruit, Nutella, chocolate chips, nuts, fresh whipped cream
- Preheat a waffle iron and lightly spray both sides with cooking spray.
- Whisk flour, sugars, cinnamon, baking powder and salt together in a medium bowl until no lumps remain.
- Pour milk, oil and vanilla into the flour mixture; stir until just combined.
- In a separate bowl, beat egg whites until soft peaks form. This is key in making the waffles light and fluffy in texture.
- Fold the beaten egg whites into the batter.
- Pour about 1 cup of batter onto the waffle iron and cook until golden brown.
- Serve hot or freeze and reheat later.
Note: Consider adding various ingredients to the batter for added fun. You can add frozen fruit, chocolate chips, M&M’s, nuts, etc.
*Any nutritional information provided is an estimate. The accuracy for any nutritional information on this website is not guaranteed.
Thank you to the big community of food visionaries out there in the world, working together to inspire and pass on food traditions and flavors. This recipe began here!